Question: How can I get back a scammer?

If the scammers are caught and brought up on charges, you may be able to get some or all of your money back through criminal restitution. Youll only be able to get back the money you can prove you paid to the scammers, so make sure you keep all receipts, bank or credit card statements, and other documentation.

What do I do if Ive been scammed?

Federal Trade Commission: Contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) or use the Online Complaint Assistant to report various types of fraud, including counterfeit checks, lottery or sweepstakes scams, and more.

How do you escape a scammer?

Install legitimate anti-virus and firewall software and make sure you keep it up to date. Dont click on links or attachments in an unsolicited email, even to unsubscribe. Go to the organisations own website. Dont reply to scam emails even to say no – this lets the scammer know the account is active.

How do I start over after being scammed?

Start by reporting the scam to your state consumer protection office. If you lost money or other possessions in a scam, report it to your local police too. In addition to reporting the scam to your local or federal government, you may want to report the scam to organizations outside of the government.

Reach out

Find us at the office

Kilbourn- Heiniger street no. 27, 89231 Papeete, French Polynesia

Give us a ring

Tyjah Lebre
+94 417 889 988
Mon - Fri, 9:00-19:00

Join us